Tours of the Tower are available by arrangement.
Let one of our enthusiastic and knowledgeable volunteers show you around the most famous building in world literature where James Joyce’s masterpiece begins. Learn why this Martello tower was built, and enjoy the absolutely stunning views of Dublin bay.
To organise a group tour, please phone 00353-1-2809265 at least 2 weeks in advance of your planned visit.
Please be prepared to provide the following information: group name, numbers in group, proposed date of visit, proposed time of visit, contact number and contact email.
Just a reminder of some important points that will make your visit safe and enjoyable:
1) Please arrive on time to ensure your booking can be accommodated
2) The maximum size of any single group is 25. Larger groups will have to be divided and staggered
3) Group supervisors must accompany the group at all times while at the tower
4) No climbing on the Ramparts
5) Please take care on the stairs
6) Please heed any advice or instructions given by the Friends of Joyce Tower volunteers
Please note that, whilst entry to the tower is free, a donation would be expected to be made by group organisers towards the upkeep of the tower. Donations may be made on the day by cash or by cheque made payable to ‘Friends of Joyce Tower Society’. Receipts are available upon request. As a guideline, a sum of €2- €4 per visitor would be appropriate.
Needless to say, if you wish to cancel or alter any part of your booking, please let us know as soon as possible.
To give you a flavour of what to expect, here’s legendary Irish broadcaster Pat Kenny taking a short tour around the Tower with FJT Volunteer, James Holahan. This was originally broadcast on Christmas Day, 2014, and was a part of a full programme featuring very special guests Senator David Norris, author and columnist Martina Devlin, and Richard Boyd Barrett, local TD for Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown.
(Clip courtesy of Newstalk 106 FM)